Wednesday, February 1, 2012

this is rachel...

Why do you do what you do? It’s all I’m good at! Honestly, it’s what makes my brain tick and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.

What do you love most about your job? I love being able to take someone’s initial inspiration for their wedding and transform it into a wonderland. Having a creative job and working in an imaginative atmosphere is awesome.

What should people know about you? After graduating college about 2 years ago, I moved to Austin from Florida to find my dream career. I worked hard and found it! I’m artistic, very clumsy, and sarcastic once you get to know me. Oh yeah, I enjoy long walks on the beach.

 What is your design inspiration? What inspires you? I like to find beauty in the uncommon things in life (the ugly things). Turning something or some place from “plain jane” to “wow” is inspiring and gets my heart rate up.

What’s your favorite design element you’ve done in a wedding? I loved the paper table runner that we made for our Town and Country photo shoot. It took forrreevveerr to make, but was so amazingly detailed and intricate that I still dream about it.
We turned an unused well at a vineyard wedding into a wishing well. It was really great. We made a dyed cork sign for the bride and groom. It really stood out as something unique and special.
Favorite moment of a wedding? When the bride and groom get to sit down at dinner after the ceremony. It’s the beginning of their married life together and they get to really soak it all in before the festivities begin. Very romantic.

Changes you would like to see at weddings? I don’t like how people are afraid to think “outside the box”. I wish people could just break the rules, forget tradition, and have the kind of wedding that they truly want.

What’s your favorite drink? Beer. I don’t discriminate against cocktails, I just love a good beer. Aventinus is a tasty one.

What would we find in your ‘fridge right now? Leftovers from the past few nights. I tend to cook for a family of 6.

What do you look most forward this year? New friends, stylish events, and all the fun things happening at Sweet Sunday Events and The Union.

What is a wedding you would like to design? A black, gold, and camel colored wedding. It would be modern, yet whimsical. It would also have a really cool coffee bar.

Food Network or Bravo? Bravo. I’m slightly obsessed with trash TV, but I also love to cook.
Garden or warehouse? Warehouse. Black thumbs run in my family.
Cake or Pie? Pie. A la mode. :)
Favorite flowers? Anemones, Fever Few, and Scented Geranium
Movie or Music? Movie with a really good soundtrack
Roadtrip or Fly? Fly. Flying is fun.
Elvis or Cash? Fleetwood Mac or Simon and Garfunkel
Snow or Sun? Sun. I’m just about always freezing. I can handle the cold for a little, but I’m much happier when it’s toasty.
Night Owl or Early Bird? Night Owl. I’m sort of nocturnal.
Plaid, stripes or chevron? I like to switch it up.

photo by Kelly Cameron Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment