Tuesday, September 7, 2010

better than expected

I already knew this past weekend was going to be great and how couldn’t it be with an extra day off work?! We planned new adventures on Burnet Road, decided to sleep in {which we needed after working 32 hrs in two days}, catching up on the DVR and a fun Labor Day BBQ, but this was never expected {only wished}…

Usually I don’t answer a call if it’s a number that isn’t preprogrammed in my phone, but since my phone number was hanging from every light post in the neighborhood, I held out hope that it was a good samaritan calling with news that they had found my lost cat. And it was. Well, actually, it was the NW Austin Animal Hospital where a sweet man brought in a cat to be scanned in hopes he was microchipped, therefore locating the owners. That lucky owner was me. How Dash {my cat} traveled across 35 and wound up in a neighborhood off Mopac is beyond me. Needless to say, Dash was pampered with lots of love and I could never thank the wonderful couple who took the time to find his owners and keep him out of harm’s way until I could pick him up. If only there were more people like them…

No comments:

Post a Comment