Monday, June 14, 2010

a cotton pickin' surprise

I’m not trying to be coy when I say this, so please take it seriously: I hate surprises. I really hate surprises. I’m not the spontaneous kind. Never have and never will. I need notice {hours in advance, please} if you want me to turn on {and in rare cases off} my chatterbox with friends or put on my big girl undies for risky adventures. For some reason, Justin doesn’t grasp this concept and still keeps “secrets” so I am “taken aback” by the big plans he thoughtfully orchestrated. I now love this about him, but it definitely took some getting used to.

But when it comes to simple materials used in unexpected ways, I’m joyful… and surprised, in a good way. These surprises I can handle and there is no advance notice needed. Lately, the use of cotton has caught my eye and I can’t wait until cotton season to play with this quirky and fun raw material.

No comments:

Post a Comment