Tuesday, March 23, 2010

home turned wedding decor

Are you lost, confused or frustrated… with choosing color combinations for your big day? Well then stop it!!! Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think wedding magazines are good for anything. Most magazines are full of advertisements for the same three wedding dresses you find everywhere rather than creative ideas from real weddings or cute color choices. So this is what I suggest… start looking through home décor magazines. Seriously. Flip through a decorating magazine and pick out your favorite room. Dog-ear the page and bring it in to me. We will use this inspiration room as the starting point to help create your idyllic wedding.

Quick example, I found this picture in Country Living and fell in love with the ruffles, the pastel colors in the plates and garden chairs. Ideas flooded my head for the perfect vintage-garden inspired wedding.

It's your turn now! Visit a few of my favorite deor resources: House Beautiful, Country Living, OR online sources: DesignSponge (my absolute fav!), decor8.

No comments:

Post a Comment