Monday, August 2, 2010

commission modern byrd

A couple of weeks ago I subtly introduced you to a great artist and her work while sharing great gifts ideas. But today, I will step it up to boast about what a fantastic creator of all things art this little lady is. Okay, so maybe I’m biased since she is my best friend, but I know great work when I see it and Brooke {the artist behind Modern Byrd Designs} is the real deal! The Art History graduate now specializes in custom made paper portraits. She takes an ordinary photo from your special day and then recaptures it through the use of paper. Read more about her paper designing journey here. How someone can be so patient while working with such teeny-tiny-nearly microscopic objects is beyond me. All I know is that I am thankful she can because without her we would be missing out on specialty, one of a kind pieces to be treasured for a lifetime.

A year ago come November, our friends Andrew and Ashley wed in Austin on the beautiful property of Laguna Gloria. Needless to say, the wedding was absolutely stunning {as were the bride a groom- pictured below}!
Brooke took nearly every aspect of their wedding and recreated it in paper form. Speechless? Breathtaking? Yeah, I think so.

You, too, can stalk Brooke's creations through her etsy page, follow her blog and/or contact her to create your very own masterpiece at ModernByrdDesigns@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment