Tuesday, July 20, 2010

i like a challenge

Warning: Lucky for you, I can be very critical and picky to perfection. I use this to my advantage… Before anything leaves my shop I ask myself if I’d be happy using the item and proud to show it off to others {whatever it may be}. If I wouldn’t, then I fix it or find an alternative that I am proud to share.

About a month ago the-soon-to-be-mother-in-law of one of my bride’s {did you catch that or do I need to repeat myself?!} contacted me and asked me to create arrangements with apples and hydrangea for the rehearsal dinner. Though she suggested a clear bowl with apples in the bottom and adorned with a white hydrangea, I knew I just couldn’t do that. It wasn’t my style. I played with several ideas and finally settled {contentedly} on using our pillar candle holders in lieu of a vase, adding two white hydrangeas and placing apples intermittently throughout the arrangements. With navy linens and apple green napkins the arrangements pulled the look together. The outcome: modern and fun.

And here’s the bouquet of the same bride I previously mentioned…
buttermilk garden roses, scabiosa pods, billy balls, chocolate cosmos, grasses and succulents

No comments:

Post a Comment